NaNoNire

A blog completely dedicated to Nire's yearly attempts at NaNoWriMo. Watch the insanity unfold.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Ten years and more than a hundred additional pounds later, I'm back riding again.

In addition to my weekly riding lesson, I spend a lot of time surfing the internet, reading books, and writing my own.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Thoughts of the Sixth Day

The coffee chat was awesome. I was a bit skeptical going to it, just because I didn't know the people and wasn't exactly sure what was going to be happening because it was called a "coffee chat" instead of a "write-in".

It was different. We spent a lot of time just talking about how things were going and getting to know each other and stuff. I liked the people that were there. We talked a bit about the NaNoWriMo website and possibilities for the TGIO party.

I found possibly the only outlet in the place and ran my super-long AC adaptor cord all the way across the café to it so that I could work on my story while I was listening to them talk (it got to a point where I didn't have anything new to say because of my age/NaNoWriMo inexperience). I kept expecting the guy at the counter to come over and tell me I couldn't plug it in like that because it was a safety hazard (there was just barely enough slack to let it lie on the floor).

After about two hours, everyone left. I stayed for an extra hour and got my daily 2K written. I met this girl (and by met I mean we talked but I have no clue what her name was) that I would assume was a college student somewhere nearby (since she was doing what appeared to be HW) and we talked a bit about writing and NaNoWriMo and stuff.

I almost lost everything twice because I kept accidentally unplugging my laptop (thus rendering it unworkable) or closing everything. Luckily, each time I had just saved so I was okay.

Oh, and I learned that while I don't love espresso, I like it. So that's the only kind of coffee I'll drink. Nice, eh?

Before I went to bed, I wrote a hundred words or so. Had I built up any steam I was going to continue and try to reach then 4K mark, but it didn't happen.

Also, I read the chapter on Week Two from No Plot? No Problem!. It was interesting and the "feeling" that I'm "supposed" to be feeling during Week Two is the same one that's been there almost since the beginning. Because I've had this idea running around my head for so long, I kind of hope it means that I'm just on a slightly different motivation schedule than most other people. Which means sometime in the middle of Week Two, I should be hitting the Week Three motivation level.

At the coffee chat, we were talking about first year vs. second year. Everyone was of the belief that the second year was the hardest for various reasons, so that could be it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home